Payment of remaining fees
Your deposit has been added to your registration and the following fee payment is to complete the remainder of your registration.
Payment by Check
This payment does not incur any transaction fees so the prices are as follows:
Private Room: $1160
Private Room shared with partner/spouse: $1660
Please make a check payable to : Powis Studios LLC
Mail the check to: Simon Powis 800 Riverside Drive Apt 4B New York, NY 10032
In the memo section please write: CGC Summer School
Payment by PayPal or Credit Card
Payment by credit card or PayPal incurs a 2.9 percent transaction fee. Please select the room type you selected with your deposit from the options below.
Private Room $1190
Private room shared with partner/spouse $1708
Payment Due Date
- You have until May 1st 2018 to complete your full payment. All registrations after this date must be complete within one week of making the registration deposit.
- A full refund on this payment is available until April 1st 2018
- A half refund on this payment is available from April 1st to May 15th 2018
- There is no refund available from May 15th 2018
- If you need to transfer your registration you can, however, the new registrant will need to register online and also be approved by Simon Powis.
Bringing partners to the Summer School
Your partner is very welcome to attend the Summer School and it will be great to have them as part of the festivities. There is no charge for your partner to attend concerts in the evening, and the “partner fee” includes shared accommodation (with you) as well as all meals.
Getting around the area
While the campus is beautiful and there is a small beach across the road, your partner will need a car if they would like to explore the local towns or get into Boston. There is a car rental company called Enterprise based in Beverly that will actually come and pick you up/drop you off from the college to rent your car. This is the best solution I have come across for car rental.
Children and Teenagers
Please note that because of liability insurance we cannot have anyone on campus under the age of 21. I apologize if this causes an inconvenience.
What to bring and prepare
- A collapsable wire music stand (the school has metal stands but if you want to practice you will need your own stand)
- Several pencils, pens, and some highlighters
- A spare set of strings
- A clip on guitar tuner (helps to tune up when other guitars are sounding around you)
- A sweater in case it gets cold (this is strongly recommended!)
- You can bring bottles of wine/beer and plastic cups if you would like to drink while socializing in the evenings.
- Put nametags/stickers on your guitar case and music stand
Logan Airport in Boston is the closest major airport to the Summer School and there is also Beverly Train station that is about a five minute drive from the campus. Driving by car will be the most direct way of getting to the campus.
Please fill out the form below and click submit when you know your travel details. I will aim to put people in contact with one another that are arriving at Logan Airport at similar times. This would allow small groups of people car-pool in car services.
Likewise if you are arriving by train to Beverly MA I will arrange pick ups where possible.
All participants are eligible to have two lessons each. The lessons will run for 30 minutes, which needs to factor in setting up your music and taking out your guitar (so really 25 minutes of teaching time). This time goes by quickly and from my own experience I would recommend either short works or partial works.
If you would like to prepare a duo with another participant this can be used in a lesson but it will count as one lesson for each of you.
Please prepare your pieces as well as you can and bring a copy of the score for the teacher to work with.
Lessons will be open to other participants so you may have a small audience while you work. If you are sitting in on someone else’s lesson please stay for the duration of that lesson without leaving as it can be distracting for others.